What should I bring?
- Small backpacks and bags are allowed and you can fill them with water and snacks. You can store bags at Union Station.
- Comfortable shoes
- Layers (the weather in DC can be pretty unpredictable)
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Reusable water bottle (marchers are encouraged to bring enough water for the day.)
What should I leave at home?
- Any weapons or anything that can be construed as a weapon, including pocket knives, multi-tools, mace, scissors, etc.
- Any illegal drugs (while marijuana is legal in DC, the march will be on federal property and national park land, where marijuana is still illegal)
What about banners, flags, signs, etc?
It is totally fine and encouraged to bring your own banners, flags, signs, and other visuals. If your banner/flag/sign/etc is affixed to a pole, the pole must be no larger than 3⁄4 of an inch at their largest point, have dull ends and cannot in any way be construed as a weapon. There can be no protruding nails, screws, or bolt-type fasteners.